About

Me, enjoying the view of Schlosshotel Rettershof where I have visited and stayed on several occasions. For the record...not one of my ancestor's castles, though I wish it was. It is one of my favorite places to stay in Germany.

1 January 2015. Welcome to my new blog project, zum Schloss Haus geboren, yet another of my many evening and weekend blog projects. Yes, the title is a bit of a playful bow and curtsy to the 1979-1981 BBC series "To the Manor Born" but hey...we're here to have fun.

The story behind this blog project was my discovery that I had German nobility in my ancestry. Learn more about that here. This blog is where I will post information on new discoveries about my ancestors, trips I've taken to research this ancestry, and any other 'zum Schloss Haus geboren' type things that come up along the way.

Enjoy!
Sean